Friday, December 20, 2013

Egg Fried Rice with Ham - home cooked with love in 20 minutes

Another quick quick meal for the family last weekend. I was scratching my head wondering what to cook for dinner, as I wasn't in the mood for anything too complicated. Plus, it's the weekend and I was just feeling lazy. And so were the kids.

But they still needed to be fed, and the leftover rice in the fridge needed to be used, so…. Fried Rice! 

I used just 4 ingredients:
2 bowls cooked leftover rice
4 eggs, beaten, with a dash of fish sauce
5 slices honey baked ham (or any other ham of your liking), cut into square chunks
1 tsp chopped preserved radish

Method:
1. Heat some oil in a wok, on medium heat.
2. Add the preserved radish and fry until fragrant.
3. Add the rice, and give it a good toss.
4. Make a little dent in the middle of the rice, so that it resembles a 'donut', then pour the egg mixture over it.
5. Stir continuously, making sure that every grain of rice is covered with egg, until the egg is cooked. This may take up to 5 minutes.
6. When the egg is almost cooked, add the ham.

Egg 1

All done in 20 minutes. AA, my little 饭桶 (literally means 'rice bucket', or one who loves rice), asked for thirds and fourths, while EV, who usually prefers noodles, finished every grain on her plate. Tried and tested, this quick-to-cook dish has definitely won over their tastebuds. Until they next decide to surprise me by changing their tastes, that is, at which time I'll have to challenge myself to think of other ideas to cook fried rice. 

Do you have any to share?


**********

Thank you for reading. If you like this post, please do connect with me on FacebookInstagram and Twitter, so I can share our fun adventures, thoughts and exploits with you. 

Lavsuca promo banner

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for reading and showing love to Toddly Mummy. I appreciate each and every one of your comments.

However, please refrain from posting promotional or rude messages.

Thank you for your understanding!