Thursday, October 10, 2013

Crustless Ham Quiche with Greenfields milk: Honestly yummy, fresh and safe

{User Experience}

I love milk. I devour at least two litres of milk every week because I always must have my milk. I have it in my cereal, I have it with my nutella bread, even when I’m eating my favourite dorayaki (Japanese red bean pancake). My mum always laughs at how I love my milk now, I simply hated it when I was just a few months old. My nanny had to patiently feed me using a spoon (maybe that’s why the sonny doesn’t fancy milk).

How did I grow to love milk so much? I honestly don’t know. Some of my love affair has rubbed off on EV and she simply loves her milk too. She must have it when she wakes up, before her afternoon nap, and before bed time at night.

And her latest love? Greenfields’ Chocolate Malt Milk. Here she is devouring the whole pack. She loves chocolate, and this is just the perfect way to give her her chocolate fix the healthy way.

Greenfields EV 
Not only is it healthy. It is also fresh and safe. This is because Greenfields milk comes from its own dairy farm in Gunung Kawi, Malang, East Java. There, a herd of over 6,000 Holstein cows, which are known today as the world’s highest production dairy animals, produce over 27 million litres of fresh milk annually. ‘Fresh and safe’ is not just a label, it is a reality, as the milk is produced, pasteurised and packed within the dairy according to the world’s toughest microbiological standards, without adding any additives, chemicals, antibiotics or hormones.

More importantly, it is single-pasteurised. Milk is usually pasteurised to kill harmful bacteria to keep it fresh. However, the process may also destroy beneficial bacteria and other nutrients. Some milk brands in the market are double pasteurised to keep its freshness due to the long transport distance, but this also means that nutrients may be destroyed during the pasteurising process.

Greenfields products
So what we get in a pack of Greenfields milk is ‘honest’ milk. It delivers the freshness and health benefits that it promises. So when its High Calcium Skimmed Milk says it only contains 0.1% of fat compared to fresh milk, I can be assured that it is the truth and nothing but the truth.

This is important to me as a parent. I am empowered when deciding what milk to get for my kids, instead of just trusting what the labels say. I know that I’m getting what I’m paying for and I can also be sure that my kids are indeed getting all the goodness that they should be getting.

Now that I know truly and honestly the kind of goodness that my kids and I are getting from a pack of Greenfields milk, I thought: why not try a mouth-watering dish using milk as one of its main ingredients?

Why not try baking a quiche? This is a dish that I have absolutely loved since my university days, so I couldn’t wait to try it with Greenfields milk.

Greenfields quiche
Crustless Ham Quiche
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 40 mins

Ingredients (serves 6)
4 eggs
130g ham, chopped
180g grated cheese
50g self-raising flour
250ml milk
Salt and pepper, to taste

Method
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease a pie dish (we used a square dish).
2. Mix the ham, cheese, salt and pepper in a bowl. Spread over the base of the dish.
3. In a jug, whisk the eggs and flour and slowly mix in the milk. Pour over the ham mixture.
4. Bake for about 40 minutes, or until puffed and golden.
5. When done, cool before serving warm or cold.

Greenfields quiche 2

Simple and easy. to bake. It makes for great leftover food too; just pop it into the oven for a quick toast.

Greenfields logo

Greenfields milk is available at leading supermarkets and 7-11 convenient stores. Fresh Milk, High Calcium Low Fat, High Calcium Skimmed milk and Chocolate Malt comes in 1 litre packs (S$3.25). Fresh milk 200ml packs and Chocolate Malt 200ml packs -only in selected Cold Storage ($1.20) and 7-11 convenient stores (S$1.50). Fresh Milk, High Calcium Low Fat also comes in 2 litres bottle (S$5.95).

Disclaimer: We received monetary compensation and milk packs from Greenfields for this review. All opinions and images are my own, based on my authentic user experience.

**************

Thank you for reading. If you like this post, please do connect with me on FacebookInstagram and Twitter

1 comment:

  1. When to put self raising flour? Omitted in your recipe steps

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for reading and showing love to Toddly Mummy. I appreciate each and every one of your comments.

However, please refrain from posting promotional or rude messages.

Thank you for your understanding!