Friday, February 13, 2015

Edamame and Pork Pasta

Finally, the doc said yes. I can swim!!! It’s not difficult to imagine my joy. I mean, after being stuck at home for three months (one month of which was spent mostly in bed), going mostly only to the doctor and physiotherapist, and doing mostly gentle physiotherapist, it’s exciting to finally go into the water again. I felt delirious, to the point I think my kids thought I was crazy. It felt so good to be swimming with them again, to carry them and walk in the water. Yes, I can only do that in the water. 

Because we usually have swimming sessions in the mornings, there’s the big question of lunch. What can we have that’s simple and quick to prepare? Like EV likes to say lately, easy peasy lemon squeezy.

Ah ha.. a eureka moment for me. Edamame and Pork Pasta!

Edamame  pork pasta

Edamame and Pork Pasta
Serves 5

Ingredients
300g pasta of your choice, cooked
1 cup edamame beans, cooked and removed from the shell
200g pork, sliced
1 carrot, shredded
2 teaspoons light soya sauce
1 teaspoon sesame oil
½ teaspoon corn starch
Pepper
Butter or margarine
Olive oil

Instructions
1. The night before, cook and prepare the pasta and edamame beans. Marinate the pork with light soya sauce, sesame oil, corn starch and pepper. Leave the cooked pasta, edamame beans and marinated pork in the fridge overnight.
2. The next day, remove the pasta, edamame and pork from the fridge 10 to 15 minutes before cooking. Wash and shred the carrot.
3. In a pan, melt the butter or margarine. 
4. Fry the pork until half cooked, then put in the edamame and carrot. Put in the pasta and toss until well combined.
5. Add a dash of olive oil and the pasta is ready.

Quick, easy, and most importantly, it’s healthy. A delightfully light dish to have after a refreshing swim!

**********

Thank you for reading. If you like this post, please do connect with me on FacebookInstagram and Twitter, so I can share our fun adventures, thoughts and exploits with you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for reading and showing love to Toddly Mummy. I appreciate each and every one of your comments.

However, please refrain from posting promotional or rude messages.

Thank you for your understanding!