Saturday, December 29, 2012

What I'm thankful for in 2012

This year has been an eventful one. I became mum to my second kid, a handsome boy. I also had a mid-career change, and am now an educator. The first half of the year was demanding, as I, as well as the rest of the family, was coping with the arrival of a new member while carefully ensuring that it was a smooth transition for E who used to get all the attention. The second half of the year was even more testing, as I had to adapt to my new career quickly. Work now starts two hours earlier, and this means the schedule and arrangement that the family is used to had to be adjusted, not to mention my sleeping times. Couple that with the hubby's absence of two months because of work, and having to be both mother and father to two young kids, I think I was suffering from a severe lack of sleep.

Still, it is now December, and 2012 is going by without a hitch. I am thankful for my family of four, that we have been kept safe, healthy and happy throughout this year.

I am thankful to my husband, who is standing by me during my mid-career change. His support is my pillar of strength.


I am thankful to my parents and parents-in-law, who during my hubby's absence, rallied behind us and helped us to look after the kids, especially when I was at work.

I am also thankful for a very helpful and trustworthy helper.

I am thankful for my wonderful brother and sister, the greatest siblings one can have. I miss them both as they live in Melbourne. And definitely not forgetting my sister-in-law and cute cute nephew Grayson.

Finally, I am glad that my bedridden grandfather, who passed away in January, is finally reunited with my grandmother after six years of separation. Their love story continues in heaven, and I miss them both.

Eventful 2012 has peacefully gone by. 2013 will be another year of new beginnings for me, something that I have not done for almost 15 years. I am heading back to school. Yes, that will be quite an experience, and I look forward to it.

NB: This post first appeared as part of the Thankful 2012 guest post series by The Gingerbread Mum. 

1 comment:

  1. Hihi, I am popping over from the Sg Mom Bloggers group on Facebook. I see that you are sharing the same commitments as me, I.e. working, studying and being a mum. I would love to hear how you do it all.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for reading and showing love to Toddly Mummy. I appreciate each and every one of your comments.

However, please refrain from posting promotional or rude messages.

Thank you for your understanding!