Thursday, May 27, 2010

Ramblings of a new working mother

It’s been busy these last 13 days. Life as a working mother is not just challenging, things move like clockwork…


630am – Feed Elizabeth. She sometimes does wake up at 530am

7am-9am – Wash up, pump breast milk, change & get ready, then head to office

9am-6pm/630pm – Work work work work, trying my best to do 101 things at one time (including pumping at least twice) so that I can finish and head to mom’s home.

6pm/630pm-9pm/930pm – Dinner at mom’s, feed Elizabeth if she’s hungry, wait for hubby, go home

9pm/930pm-12am/1am – Play with Elizabeth, battle with her when she cries, feed her, and aim to knock her out so she (and we) can sleep all the way to the morning.

And then the whole cycle starts again.

Yes, it’s clockwork, and I don’t deny it’s tiring work, and it’s very frustrating when she cries (read: scream) and you don’t know what she wants. But it’s satisfying. At the end of the day, when I see Elizabeth grow, smile and learn, I get a heartwarming feeling that makes me realise, yes, I’m a mother and it’s all worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for reading and showing love to Toddly Mummy. I appreciate each and every one of your comments.

However, please refrain from posting promotional or rude messages.

Thank you for your understanding!