Monday, May 25, 2015

Everyday can be Mother's Day

To me, Mother’s Day can be any day. For my kids to suddenly proclaim ‘mummy, I love you’ out of the blue, makes it all the more special and heartwarming. And AA has been doing that quite a bit lately. Brings a big smile to my face, without fail!

Well, of course, that’s not to say that I don’t want to receive some extra loving care on the day set aside just for mothers. I mean, wouldn’t it be nice to get a day off parenting, and just let me have a whole day of me-time? Yeah! That’s it!

Hahaha.. wishful thinking! Parenting continues, Mother’s Day or not. I did organise a special Mother’s Day lunch for my mum and aunt, just so that EV and AA can spread their love to their dearest grandmummy and grandaunt.

What really touched me this year was the special cake-in-a-jar that my lovely sis made for me, my mum and aunt. 

Cake in a jar

This is on top of all the cards that EV and AA had given me. Just blissful!

Dear Mummy 1

I enjoy being pampered on Mother’s Day; but I enjoy it even more when my kids shower me with love unexpectedly on any other day.

**********

This post is part of the Dear Mummy blog train hosted by Mamawearpapashirt. Click on the badge to read what other kiddos have to say to their beloved mummies!



**********

Thank you for reading. If you like this post, please do connect with me on FacebookInstagram and Twitter, so I can share our fun adventures, thoughts and exploits with you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for reading and showing love to Toddly Mummy. I appreciate each and every one of your comments.

However, please refrain from posting promotional or rude messages.

Thank you for your understanding!